Thursday, October 23, 2008

Accomplishments are made possible by your mother - failures are your own fault.

Hi Mams,

Midterms are over, and I'm looking forward to the week or so I have as a break from the next wave. I can't wait to come home next weekend. Despite how I may have come off on the occasional phone calls, I've missed your cooking, your words of wisdom, even your judgmental nitpicks.

It's one thing to be criticized by your friends, another to be analyzed by your mother. But believe me, I'd much rather shamefully be under careful observation through your slightly skewed rose-colored glasses than be at fault by the scrutiny of my self-righteous peers.

I've taken to my social cocoon again, much like last quarter. I don't know why I tend to become more reserved, borderline secretive even, when it comes to friends' remarks about my actions or whereabouts. Hopefully I'll be able to overcome this tendency, since they're all undeserving of that kind of treatment. I promise, I'll come home with hours worth of harmonious accords rather than negative feedback.

I won't let you down.

Love, YS

No comments: